Friday, June 29, 2012

Wind turbines


Wind Power. There are many skeptics out there that think wind power will never be able to become a vital source of energy for us. Then, there are many people that think that wind power will work and become a vital source of energy. As I am typing right now there is a big storm going on outside of my house. Trees are being shoved and bent backwards, forwards, left and right. I know one thing for sure, if I had a wind turbine in my backyard today then I would not have to pay my electric bill this month.
There are wind turbine fields all around my area and they are said to produce enough energy for 120,000 homes. That is 120,000 homes that are not using coal, crude oil, or natural gas to get ‘fuel’. Pollution has taken a hit because of those wind turbines. It is said, from a video that I have watched, that a single wind turbine can produce enough energy for 500 homes. (to watch the video on wind farming click here) That is simply amazing. It is the one of cleanest and most renewable form of energy that we can even imagine and it is already doing wonders for many homes and businesses today.
These massive turbines look simple from a far, but when you get close and see how big they are you realize how amazing they are.
If you want to see what these giants are made up of then click here.
If you want to see how the wind and the turbine work together click here. 
If you want to see how electricity is made and transferred to home click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment