Monday, June 25, 2012
Kill For Looks.
When I drive around some neighborhoods I always enjoy seeing the more "expensive" houses and the beautiful landscaping, yards, and upkeep of their houses. It is clear when you drive through a neighborhood of wealthy people. I have just recently begun to not enjoy looking at those houses as much as I used to. When you realize that having a great lawn and plenty of weed less flowerbeds entails great consequences. Herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides are a major part in the creation of beautiful flowers beds, lawns, and weed less houses. People love to justify their actions and say that, "I am only putting a little bit on" or "this is only the second time I used chemicals this year" or maybe even, "I'm getting too old and/or do not have enough times to pull the weeds". Actually, just as I type this sentence I am watching a weed killer commercial on TV!! A Round-up commercial just so you get the whole picture. Back to the topic, no matter what type of justifications people make for using chemicals the same things are always true. These chemicals WILL leach to soil, water, and nutrients. These chemicals WILL get introduced into the water tables, wells, and/or aquifer. No matter how good the filtration systems are for the public water, these chemicals WILL enter the bodies of whoever drinks the water. When these chemicals enter the body, they do damage. They accumulate in the body throughout the entirety of the life of the person. Different chemicals attack different parts of the body in different ways. Most of them also can be transferred to babies that are made from chemically consumed people. On top of that, these chemicals kill wildlife, diversity, and ruin bodies of water. The Mississippi River at one point in time had a 250 mile stretch that was uninhabitable and the fish were killed; due to run off of chemicals into the River. If we don't realize that health is more important than getting quick beauty out of our lawns then we will continue to harm ourselves and all of wildlife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment